Meet big european fablabs XX.-XX. X. XXXX
The meeting has been canceled.
We will try to find a new date when the coronavirus restrictions will be past.
We invite you to meet big European FabLabs
Long story short we would like to see you at the conference for around 25 labs from Europe. It is going to take place in Prague and Brno Czech Republic from 13. 3. 2020 to 15. 3. 2020 and we would like to focus our energy and attention on three main topics.
We want to:
- Make labs financially sustainable
- Play a big role in STEAM education
- Share success stories
We are inviting strong European FabLabs that are trustworthy and capable enough for the European projects for future cooperation.
We focus on creating high-quality program with high-quality speakers from labs that have results rather than a full mouth of empty words.
We believe that if you know people, you can work better together that is why we are starting with an informal gathering at PRUSA RESEARCH with a couple of beers and we will go for some of the Czech beers the next day too.
All FabLabs around the world deal with sustainability. What are the key things to make FabLab sustainable? That is going to be reflected.
We believe that FabLabs should step up and play a big role in STEAM education. How can we do it?
How can we help ourselves and each other with promoting of FabLabs and maker movements? One of the best ways is with success stories. We will share them together.
This conference is supported by the EU H2020 project called FabLabia which is focused on SMEs and FabLabs, therefore, the conference can be for free, we will support local transportation, place, production, food, and drinks during the welcoming party and lunch and cofee breaks the conference. Transportation to Prague, accommodation in Brno and other spendings are up to attendees.
13. 3. 2020 Prague/Brno
- 15:00 Cafe Prostoru (Technicka 270/6, Prague)
- 16:00 Bus to Brno
- 19:00 PrusaLAB online tour + snack and drink
- 21:00 Accommodation in Brno (we recommend to stay in beautiful hostel Jacob or Hotel International if you want 4 stars)
14. 3. 2020 Brno (JIC and FabLab facility Purkyňova 649/127, 621 00 Brno-Medlánky)
- 9:00 Welcome to Brno
- 9:15 - 12:00 Inspiration and success stories
- Happylab and the Fabman - Fablab management system
- PrusaLab combining internal prototyping facility and a public workshop in one place
- FabLab Brno cooperation with companies
- FabLab Zagreb makers residency in remote areas
- AgriLab Agriculture and FabLab
- FabLab Artilect Pains and gains of organizing Fabx conference
- 12:00 – 13:00 lunch
- 13:00 – 13:30 FabLab Brno Tour
- 13:30 – 17:00 STEAM education keynotes and workshop
- De Creative STEM How FabLabs can impact education: just do it
- How to bring informal FabLab Experience to the formal education system
- Workshop - how can we play a bigger role in STEAM education?
- 17:00+ whatever happens :)
15. 3. 2020 Brno
- 9:00 – 12:30 Sustainability keynotes and workshop
- FabLab Lueven How to maintain FabLab with 7 laser cutters and 10 000 + users per year - financial sustainable in the long term
- Happylab The story of Happylab from one idea to three labs, thousands of users and steady self-sufficiency
- Workshop - how to make FabLabs sustainable
- 12:30 – 13:30 lunch
- 13:30 – 14:00 FabLab Experience Tour
- 14:00 – 15:00 Workshop - Fab Labs as a business innovation support service for SME
- 15:00+ Bus back to Prague to see some “wow Prague” or you can stay and see some “wow Brno” places before going back